Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch

We actually just arrived in Hueco Tanks, Texas, but there are a couple of posts to catch up on...

We planned our last day at HCR to be a full day of trad climbing, but it ended up being a bit of everything. The first route of the day was Treebeard 5.7, a nice hand/fist sized crack. Here is Kristal racked up at the bottom and again almost at the top.


We then went to look at some of the other awesome crack climbs in the area but it actually turned out we didn't really have suitable gear, and with the constant threat of rain we didn't want to chance it. Instead we jumped on a trio of cool sport routes, which were super fun despite being dirty from the previous night's rain.

To round out the day we jumped on a few boulder problems. Here's me on Old English V3, an incredible arĂȘte slab. I had tried this problem a couple of days before wearing my Solutions with little luck. Kristal kept telling my to try my flat shoes on the slabby problems and I finally had them with me. Amazing what a difference the right shoe makes!

Me on High Five V4, a one move wonder to the lip.

Kristal on another awesome slabby arĂȘte, Make You Cuss V2.

Me on The Crescent V3, a super fun (with the right beta) featured slab.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment